- Faculty of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka.
- Ph.D. (England)
- M.Sc. (Philippines)
- B.Sc. (Peradeniya)
- Associate Professor, Department of Food Science and Technology - Nov 2009 - to date
- Senior Lecturer Grade I - Department of Food Science and Technology- December 1997 - Oct 2009
- Senior Lecturer Grade II - Department of Food Science and Technology- July 1991 - Nov 1997
- Assistant Lecturer, Department of Food Science and Technology - April 1981 to June 1991
- Temporary Assistant Lecturer - Since October 15, 1980
- Head, Department of Food Science & Technology 07-1993 to 06-1995 and 01. 2001 to 08-2006
- Visiting Lecturer, Postgraduate Institute of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya
- Hereath, H.M.A.J., Chandrasekara, G.A.P., Pulenthiraj, U., Chandrasekara, C.M.N.R. and Wijesingfhe, D.G.N.G. (2018). Mineral Contents of Bran and Kernel of Rice Grain as Affected by Fertilization. Tropical Agricultural Research Vol. 30 (1): 95-102.
- Somaratne,G.M., Prasantha, B.D.R., Dunuwila, G.R., Chandrasekara, A., Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. and Gunasekara,D.C.S. (2017). Effect of polishing on glycemic index and antioxidant properties of red and white basmati rice. Food Chemistry 237:716-723
- Adikari, A.M.N.T., Sivakanesan, R., Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. and Liyanage, C. (2016). Assessment of Nutritional Status of Pregnant Women in a Rural Area in Sri Lanka. Tropical Agricultural Research Vol. 27 (2): 203–211
- Somawathi, K.M., Rizliya, V., Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. and Madhujith, W.M.T. (2014). Antioxidant Activity and Total Phenolic Content of Different Skin-Coloured Brinjal (Solanum melongena). Trop. Agri. Res. Vol. 26 (1): 152–161.
- Darandakumbura, H.D.K., Prasantha, B.D.R. and Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. (2013). Effect of processing condition and polishing rate on apparent amylose content of some Sri Lankan rice varieties. Trop. Agri. Res. Vol. 24 (4):317-324.
- Sarma, M., Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. and Sivananthawerl, T. (2013). Effects of nutritional status on educational performance of primary school children in the plantation sector in Nuwara Eliya educational zone. Trop. Agri. Res. Vol. 24 (3): 203-214.
- Darandakumbura, H.D.K., Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. and Prasantha, B.D.R. (2013). Effect of Processing Condition and Cooking Methods on Resistant Starch, Dietary Fibre and Glycaemic Index of Rice. Trop. Agri. Res. Vol. 24 (2): 163-174.
- Thilakarathne, R.M.L.R. and Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. (2011). Association between Nutritional Status and Lifestyle Practices of Primary School Children in the Colombo District: A Pilot Study. Trop. Agri. Res. Vol 22(4): 392-401.
- Dassanayake, D.M.U.A.J.K. and Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. (2011). Initiation of Development of an Early Warning System to Locate “Pockets of Child Undernutrition” at District level. Trop. Agri. Res. Vol 22(3): 305-313.
- Peiris, T.D.R. and Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. (2010). Nutritional Status of Under 5 year-old Children and its Relationship with Maternal Nutrition Knowledge in Weeraketiya DS division of Sri Lanka. Trop. Agri. Res. Vol. 21(4): 330-339
- Fernando, W.H.K.N. and Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. (2010). Assessment of Nutritional Status and Disease Prevalence among Elderly Population in Elderly Homes in Kandy. Trop. Agri. Res. Vol. 21(3): 229-237
- Jananthan, R. Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. and Sivananthawerl, T. (2009). Maternal Anthropometry as a Predictor of Birth Weight. Trop. Agri. Res. Vol. 21(1): 89-98.
- N. Adikari, R. Sivakanesan, C. Liyanage, N. Wijesinghe (2016). An approach to increase nutrient intake of infants in Sri Lanka: Booklet of foods and recipes for complementary feeding. 3rd International Conference on Nutrition & Growth, (2016) March 17-19, Vienna, Austria P 359
- Adikari, T. Sivakanesan, R., Liyanage, C. and Wijesinghe N.G. (2015). Evaluation of the developed booklet on complementary feeding for Sri Lankan infant. Abstract of 3rd International Conference on Global Public Health, December 10-11, Colombo, Sri Lanka p 49.
- Thilakarathne, L.R. and Wijesinghe, N.G. (2010). Association between nutritional status and lifestyle practices of primary school children in Colombo District The 3rd World Congress on Controversies to Consensus in Diabetes, Obesity and Hypertension, May 13-16, Prague, Czech Republic 59A.
- Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. and Thattil, R.O. (2006). Capacity building in Food and Nutrition: The Sri Lankan Case study. Proceedings of the 4th Asian Congress of Dietetics, April 23-26, Manila, Philippines
- Chandrasekera, G.A.P., Silva, K.D.R.R. and Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. (2005). Effect of maternal employment on anthropometry of preschool children: Case of urban and peri-urban mothers in Sri Lanka. Proceedings of the 18th International Congress of Nutrition, Durban, South Africa
- Karaliyadda, M.S.K., Sivakanesan, R. and Wijesinghe, D.G.N.G. (2003). Relationship between food practice and blood lipid profile of people living in and around Peradeniya, Proceedings of the IX Asian Congress of Nutrition, February 24-28, New Delhi, India