FUNCTIONS OF FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
The Faculty of Agriculture Quality Assurance Cell (FoAQAC) was established in August 2016 with the view of assisting in the quality assurance of teaching, learning, assessment and administrative related activities at the Faculty.
The major responsibilities of the FoAQAC are to:
- Liaise with Faculty Board of Agriculture appointed Sub-Committees and coordinate all Quality Assurance (QA) related activities within the Faculty.
- Liaise with Curriculum Development Committee and Teaching Methods Unit to implement teacher, course, peer, laboratory, field visits evaluations to assure quality of education and analyze the data and provide recommendations.
- Plan and implement quality assurance related training/capacity development workshops for the Faculty staff and students.
- Plan and organize activities related to Institutional Review and Programme Review
- Support to identify existing gaps and implement guidelines and policies in the teaching, learning and assessment process
- Liaise with the Internal Quality Assurance Unit (IQAU) of University of Peradeniya and Quality Assurance and Accreditation Council (QAAC) of Sri Lanka on the implementation of the QA Framework